In Episode #370, Eric and Neil discuss how to determine your one key metric. When you establish a set goal or priority, then all your tasks will follow suit to achieve that goal. But what IS that one measure that you look to as a company? Tune in to know what your one key metric is and why knowing what you’re after will set you up for success.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Determine Your One Key Metric
- 00:36 – Josh Elman coined the term “one key metric”
- 00:40 – When starting a business and using Twitter, your one key metric will be the number of tweets you want to hit
- 01:09 – First, determine how people are using your product—the core functionality of your product
- 01:20 – Then figure out if that one key metric is the one to go after, then work from there
- 01:35 – “Figure out what you’re really after and what’s going to impact that”
- 01:40 – If you want to increase your revenue, figure out the different sources of revenue
- 02:09 – Then you can have control and manage that one key metric
- 02:21 – The purpose of Airbnb is to book a place to stay
- 02:26 – The core action is searching and booking your accommodations
- 02:36 – Another example is Yelp where you find different local businesses and review them
- 03:18 – Neil’s one key metric for Crazy Egg is the number of tests done a day
- 03:43 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a heat mapping tool that helps you increase your conversion rate
- 04:28 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:33 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Knowing your one key metric helps you focus your tasks accordingly.
- Establish what you’re really after and what’s going to influence that.
- If you want to increase your revenue, then think solely on your sources of revenue.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
On episode #504, Eric and Neil discuss the four fundamental things you need to master in marketing. Tune in to hear what these four elements are and how they can massively improve your business....
On episode #503, Eric and Neil talk about the quickest ways to make a 6-figure salary. Tune in for great tips on how to build your customer and financial base!...
On episode #502, Eric and Neil talk about what makes billionaires different from millionaires. Tune in to hear about the attitude and outlook that drive these successful people....