In Episode #223, Eric and Neil discuss how to do an SEO to a tiny website that doesn’t have any visitors or money. When starting with very little, it can a daunting task to draw people to your website. Tune in to find out that there is hope—there are small, tangible actions you can take to increase your traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: How To Do SEO On a Tiny Website That Doesn’t Have Any Visitors or Money
- [00:45] – As a tiny website, you can’t compete with the big ones, so pick a niche
- [00:57] – Choose a niche that is not too broad
- [01:30] – Start with content
- [02:30] – Apple and Google started small
- [03:00] – Take things slow and easy
- [03:17] – Don’t focus on the number of pages, but quality
- [03:32] – When you have a detailed article, reach out with people in a similar niche
- 03:36 – Go to Ahrefs and put in your website’s URL—it will tell you about your competition
- 04:20 – Growth Everywhere’s affiliate link with Ahrefs
- 04:30 – Use BuzzSumo and Pitchbox for link outreach
- 04:53 – Use BuzzStream for link outreach
- 05:04 – Think of Wikipedia as inspiration
- 05:40 – Go to Single Grain to find the 1 million backlink studies they performed on AirBnb and Udemy
- [05:58] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Start small – don’t think about conquering the world.
- Pick a niche where you know you will do well.
- Create well-detailed content and do a link outreach – this will increase your visitors significantly.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: