In Episode #214, Eric and Neil discuss how you can efficiently manage your marketing projects. Tune in to learn a few project management tools that you can use today. Find out also how marketing experiments and campaigns are worth the effort and the importance of having the whole team on board.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Efficiently Manage Your Marketing Projects
- 00:35 – Eric uses growth hacker experiments and combines them with Google sheets
- 00:50 – Run 3 experiments in a week and have 2 new ideas added into the Growth Hackers Project weekly
- 01:01 – Growth Hackers Project is a tool for running projects
- 01:09 – Someone should assess how the company is doing using these experiments
- 01:34 – Just continue experimenting over time
- 01:45 – Managing your marketing is more about cutting back what you’re doing
- 02:04 – Neil doesn’t do a lot of marketing
- 02:11 – Do one or two things at a time, once you get it right, add more
- 02:17 – Don’t keep adding more to your plate just because
- 02:33 – The key to managing your marketing is do less, but do it well
- 02:45 – Two people worth mentioning that are doing these experiments well: Brian Balfour of HubSpot and CoElevate
- 03:02 – Sean Ellis, the founder of GrowthHackers
- 03:20 – If you don’t have a process to follow, everything will fall apart easily
- 03:29 – Move and respond quickly
- 03:45 – Experimenting is a team effort and requires team work
- 03:54 – Make sure you’re annotating on your Google analytics when you are running the projects
- 04:15 – When you’re running a campaign or project, create a list
- 04:41 – Go after the things that are more difficult to achieve, then move to the easiest
- 04:49 – Prioritize those in your list with the highest potential of return
- 05:02 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Continually brainstorm ideas to better your experiments—vote on the best idea that can significantly impact the success of your growth experiment.
- The key to management is not doing everything at once, but doing a few things and doing them well.
- Experiments and projects are a team effort; make sure everyone knows their role and is on track.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
On episode #504, Eric and Neil discuss the four fundamental things you need to master in marketing. Tune in to hear what these four elements are and how they can massively improve your business....
On episode #503, Eric and Neil talk about the quickest ways to make a 6-figure salary. Tune in for great tips on how to build your customer and financial base!...
On episode #502, Eric and Neil talk about what makes billionaires different from millionaires. Tune in to hear about the attitude and outlook that drive these successful people....