In episode #595, Eric and Neil discuss the best ways to engage people on social media. Tune in to hear what you could be doing differently.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Engage with Your Social Media Fans When They Keep Ignoring You
- [00:36] Facebook recently tweaked their algorithm, which means you will probably have to pay more for paid ads.
- [00:56] Even if you do it wrong, you will get more engagement.
- [01:15] Neil used to only do text-based articles, but he found that videos gives him more reach and engagement.
- [01:41] Create more than one type of engagement.
- [02:27] Offer a giveaway that encourages referrals in order to participate.
- [03:01] Video is the content that currently drives the most engagement.
- [03:20] Eric and Neil were called out on their Facebook page for not engaging their followers and just leaving the page to operate on its own.
- [03:36] Ultimately, the person who called them out was right.
- [03:52] If you see people asking industry-related questions on social media, even if they are not asking you specifically, respond to them! This is a great way to get more customers and fans.
- [04:30] At the end of the day, Eric and Neil messed up and broke their process.
- [04:58] One way to engage your audience is to help people out when they are contacting you to ask questions.
- [05:03] Join industry-related groups on Facebook and get in the mix.
- [05:16] Messenger bots are a great way to engage people, as well. Try Mobile Monkey.
- [05:36] Do your best to integrate live feed options provided by Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- [06:15] Make personalized messages for each site visitor, which will help to engage them (via chatbots).
- [06:46] That’s it for today!
- [06:48] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #629, Eric and Neil Discuss how to get started in SEO. Tune in to hear what’s changed and how you can get a successful start doing SEO....
In episode #628, Eric and Neil have a 6-ish minute chat about planning for the long-term. Tune in to hear why you should always focus on long-term goals and solutions....