In Episode #401, Eric and Neil discuss how to get social media traffic when you have no followers and no money. Tune in to learn a few easy tactics that can get people sharing your content. You’ll also find out the importance of reaching out to the RIGHT people.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: How to Get Social Media Traffic When You Have No Followers (And No Money)
- [00:38] – The easiest way to get traffic is to look at your content
- [00:44] – Google similar keywords that relate to your content and find other posts
- 00:51 – Get the most popular keywords and type them in the Twitter search box
- [00:55] – Email people who have tweets related to your keyword and check if they want to see your post
- [01:28] – Add a note: “If you like it, feel free to share it”
- [01:33] – You’ll get more social shares by doing this
- 01:45 – Growth Everywhere’s Instagram account now has 6400 followers
- [01:53] – Eric redoes the hashtags to engage with people more
- 02:26 – You can build pods with Instagram Direct Messaging where people share their posts with one another
- [02:54] – Join multiple pods, but make sure you’re adding value too
- [03:09] – Reach out to the right kind of people
- 03:22 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:26 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- [04:35] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Search your most popular keywords to find posts that are similar to yours—then, reach out to the audiences you find.
- Leverage Instagram, especially their direct message feature to find potential followers.
- Make sure you’re adding value to those you reach out to.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: