In Episode #401, Eric and Neil discuss how to get social media traffic when you have no followers and no money. Tune in to learn a few easy tactics that can get people sharing your content. You’ll also find out the importance of reaching out to the RIGHT people.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Social Media Traffic When You Have No Followers (And No Money)
- 00:38 – The easiest way to get traffic is to look at your content
- 00:44 – Google similar keywords that relate to your content and find other posts
- 00:51 – Get the most popular keywords and type them in the Twitter search box
- 00:55 – Email people who have tweets related to your keyword and check if they want to see your post
- 01:28 – Add a note: “If you like it, feel free to share it”
- 01:33 – You’ll get more social shares by doing this
- 01:45 – Growth Everywhere’s Instagram account now has 6400 followers
- 01:53 – Eric redoes the hashtags to engage with people more
- 02:26 – You can build pods with Instagram Direct Messaging where people share their posts with one another
- 02:54 – Join multiple pods, but make sure you’re adding value too
- 03:09 – Reach out to the right kind of people
- 03:22 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:26 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:35 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Search your most popular keywords to find posts that are similar to yours—then, reach out to the audiences you find.
- Leverage Instagram, especially their direct message feature to find potential followers.
- Make sure you’re adding value to those you reach out to.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #534, Eric and Neil count out 7 productivity hacks that will help you run your business more efficiently. Tune in to hear these great time-and-energy-saving hacks....
In episode #533, Eric and Neil discuss how to manage clients who are never satisfied and ask for work above and beyond their contract. Tune in for some great advice on how to satisfy clients and remai...
In episode #532, Eric and Neil discuss what to do once your business hits 7 figures. Ultimately, there are two paths you can take. Tune in to hear their advice about optimizing your business for growt...