In Episode #371, Eric and Neil discuss how to get started with podcast advertising. Podcast advertising is becoming more and more lucrative—especially for leading podcasters such as John Lee Dumas and Tim Ferriss. Tune in to learn how much you can earn in podcast advertising and how the process works.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Started With Podcast Advertising
- 00:36 – Podcast advertising can be lucrative
- 01:04 – You’re looking at cost per thousand impressions for what you can make in podcast advertising
- 01:14 – Range is anywhere from $15 to $40
- 01:34 – For more hands-off solutions, you can use Midroll’s service
- 02:25 – The earnings are per ad placement
- 02:36 – John Lee Dumas does a pre-roll then a post-roll
- 02:42 – Pre-roll is before the podcast starts and post-roll is after the podcast
- 02:49 – Tim Ferriss has 2 pre-roll ads and 2 post-roll ads
- 02:53 – John Lee Dumas has 2-3 ads per episode
- 03:09 – For a thousand listeners, you can get around $50 to $100 depending on the number of ads that you have
- 03:32 – Podcast advertising is also a branding play
- 03:50 – If you’re just about to start with podcast advertising, you can do it directly or opt for Midroll’s service
- 03:56 – if you’re a podcaster, people will start to reach out to you
- 04:15 – Marketing School is more focused on growing the podcast rather than having ads
- 04:24 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool that will help you increase your conversion rate
- 05:17 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 05:21 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Podcast advertising can be pretty lucrative if you have a large following.
- As you become a more established podcaster, business will reach out to you for ad placements.
- Podcast advertising can be a branding play as well.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
On episode #504, Eric and Neil discuss the four fundamental things you need to master in marketing. Tune in to hear what these four elements are and how they can massively improve your business....
On episode #503, Eric and Neil talk about the quickest ways to make a 6-figure salary. Tune in for great tips on how to build your customer and financial base!...
On episode #502, Eric and Neil talk about what makes billionaires different from millionaires. Tune in to hear about the attitude and outlook that drive these successful people....