In Episode #255, Eric and Neil discuss how to keep track of emerging trends in your industry. Tune in to learn why networking is of the utmost importance when it comes to being up to date with the latest trends and tools. You’ll also find out what blogs and social media platforms Eric and Neil use to stay on top of their game.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: How to Keep Track of Emerging Trends in Your Industry
- 00:37 – Eric looks at Feedly to take their RSS feeds and segment them
- [01:23] – Neil uses Twitter
- 01:59 – For Twitter, Eric uses Tweetbot
- [02:29] – Eric likes Twitter because when something big happens, it will trend easily
- [03:03] – Listen to different podcasts in your industry
- [03:24] – The new tactics and trends can be easily shared through podcasts
- 04:40 – Eric had a chat with Sean Ellis of Growth Hacker
- 05:18 – Eric shares when he went to the Traffic and Conversion Conference
- [05:25] – One of Neil’s business partners connected with one of Eric’s friends
- [06:16] – Make sure you reciprocate
- 06:28 – Eric enjoys looking at Venture Capital blogs like CB Insights, Mattermark and Crunchbase
- [07:03] – It can give you an idea of where things are going, in general
- [07:13] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Twitter might be dead, but it is still a good platform to know what is currently happening in your space.
- Networking with people in your industry builds relationships and helps you stay updated on the latest news and trends.
- You will learn more if you reciprocate.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: