In Episode #25 Eric and Neil talk about how to monetize your blog. If you’re a passionate blogger with a good following, it’s time to start elevating your blog to a potential revenue source.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:22] – The best ways to monetize your blog
- [00:35] – Look into affiliate marketing or performance marketing
- [01:29] – Avoid ads at all costs
- [01:50] – You’ll make the least amount of money from ads
- [02:00] – Generate an email list
- [02:45] – The concept of courses
- [03:57] – Don’t be too aggressive at the beginning. Wait for a loyal audience.
- [04:25] – Collect leads
- [05:45] – Monetizing a blog takes time. Think about your value to others first.
- [06:20] – Don’t push anything until you have a loyal following.
- [06:50] – Survey your audience to find out what problems they are facing.
- [07:10] – Work to solve those problems.
- [08:12] – Get people to commit before you launch your service.
- [09:00] – See you in tomorrow’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Avoid ads at all costs.
- Generate a following before you push sales.
- Develop eBooks, courses, and other services that you can promote to people on your email list.
- ClickBank, Commission Junction, Share A Sale, and Skimlinks – Resources to help you get into affiliate marketing with your blog
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: