In Episode #299, Eric and Neil discuss how to deal with a negative PR. Tune in to learn why negative PR should be IGNORED, how it eventually fades away, and what you should be doing in the meantime.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: How to Deal with Negative PR
- [00:37] – Neil leaves negative PR alone and doesn’t talk about it
- [00:43] – When you deal with it, it just adds more fuel to the fire
- [00:54] – A negative result is also negative PR
- [01:11] – Some would pay to remove the negative PR
- [01:26] – There was an agency that was called out for buying links and the owner had a deal with people who wrote negative PR about the agency
- [01:45] – Eric also just ignores negative PR; it will go away in time
- [02:09] – It sucks right now but you can get through it
- [02:23] – Just continue to focus on refining your product and what you are doing
- [02:33] – Neil had negative PR when a magazine showed inaccurate client data
- [02:50] – Neil learned along the process that it’s really better to ignore it
- 03:17 – Marketing School is giving away n free 1 year subscription of Zapier which helps you create workflows
- 03:48 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- [03:51] – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- [04:13] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Leave negative PR alone; it just adds more fuel to the fire.
- Continue to focus on improving your company rather than wasting time dealing with negative PR.
- You can pay if you want your negative PR to be removed, but it might cost a lot.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: