In Episode #374, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should be using manual bidding for your Facebook ads. People have been running ads on Facebook for years now and still rely on the automatic bidding and optimization features for their ads. Tune in to learn what Eric and Neil prefer between the two and how you can know what option is best for you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Use Manual Bidding on Facebook Ads?
- 00:35 – People have been running ads on Facebook for a couple of years now
- 00:42 – People just rely on Facebook’s automatic bidding and automatic optimization
- 00:50 – As per any kind of marketing, you want to be testing all the time
- 00:53 – Eric has seen marketers who have switched to manual bidding
- 01:11 – You can set the manual bid on how much you’re willing to pay
- 01:36 – Every time Neil uses automatic bidding on Facebook, it is way higher than manual bidding
- 01:49 – Neil thinks manual bidding works better
- 02:00 – Neil saw a 20% increase on his automatic bidding price
- 02:10 – With Google, you can set the bidding to manual at first, then to automatic
- 02:30 – Figure out what your numbers are and just test the water
- 03:00 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool that helps you increase your conversion rate
- 03:46 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:53 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- People tend to rely on Facebook’s automatic bidding because it’s easier and less time consuming.
- Know your numbers and test the manual bidding option; it’s cheaper and you stay in control of your options.
- For ANY type of marketing you choose, you need to be testing it all the time.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
On episode #504, Eric and Neil discuss the four fundamental things you need to master in marketing. Tune in to hear what these four elements are and how they can massively improve your business....
On episode #503, Eric and Neil talk about the quickest ways to make a 6-figure salary. Tune in for great tips on how to build your customer and financial base!...
On episode #502, Eric and Neil talk about what makes billionaires different from millionaires. Tune in to hear about the attitude and outlook that drive these successful people....