In Episode #263, Eric and Neil discuss what boosting a Facebook post actually does. Tune in to learn the benefits of boosting a Facebook post, whether it’s right for your company, and how to bank off that increase of traffic and engagement.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: What Boosting a Facebook Post Actually Does
- [00:40] – Eric gets more emails when they boost a post
- [00:55] – Boosting a post makes it easier for Eric to test new content
- [01:13] – Eric is more interested in collecting more email addresses when he boosts a post
- [01:34] – Initially, boosting a post results in more engagement; then, you try to see if you can collect more emails from the CPA and from there, see if you can make an ad campaign from it
- [01:47] – Neil isn’t fond of the idea of boosting Facebook posts and would rather buy friends
- [01:55] – If you’re boosting a post, make sure your post has an email capture
- [02:21] – If you’re going to spend money on Facebook, spend it going to a landing page or getting more fans
- [02:36] – Neil hates the concept of boosting a post, but has seen it successfully done
- [03:00] – Eric has done live videos in the past and would boost to their live audience, then retarget them
- [03:15] – At the end of the day, it is figuring out what works for you
- [03:54] – The value of Facebook Live has grown a lot
- [04:10] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The goal of boosting a post is to grow your audience and increase that engagement with your content.
- You spend money to increase your Facebook presence, so make sure you are also leading your audience to your website.
- Find out what works best for you and suits you well – tests are invaluable for finding this out.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: