In Episode #369, Eric and Neil discuss what drives more traffic, quality content or quantity content. This is an age-old debate and the answer depends on pretty obvious factors such as the size of your team and budget. Tune in to hear the route Eric and Neil chose, why they chose it, and how YOU should make the decision between quality and quantity.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Drives More Traffic: Quality Content VS Quantity
- 00:39 – Neil took the quality route
- 00:43 – Neil only publishes high quality content, but he doesn’t have a lot of it
- 00:59 – HubSpot’s is quite popular because they produce a LOT of content
- 01:28 – Eric talked to the managing editor of a website that gets 8M visits a month
- 01:35 – They hire bigger teams to produce larger quantities of content
- 01:41 – They often open on guest posts too
- 02:06 – From Eric’s data, it’s “more publishing, more quantity”
- 02:10 – Creating content around the news works very well
- 02:30 – Neil recommends starting out with quality content
- 02:46 – In 24 hours, TechCrunch can create around 29 posts, but not all are quality posts
- 03:05 – Go to Ahrefs and SEMrush to see what’s driving your competitors’ traffic
- 03:14 – Then make better versions of their blog posts
- 03:20 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which helps you increase your conversion rate
- 03:58 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:04 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- People can receive more value from high quality content.
- If you have the budget to create a large quantities of content; then this will be a great option for you.
- If you’re just starting out, focus on quality over quantity.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #719, Eric and Neil discuss the efficacy of midrolls. Tune in to hear whether you should drop the midrolls or keep them....
In episode #718, Eric and Neil discuss the reason people don’t buy from your site. Tune in to hear what could be blocking your conversions....
In episode #717, Eric and Neil discuss how much you should spend on marketing software. Tune in to hear why you might be over-spending....