In Episode #220, Eric and Neil discuss where marketing is going in 2017. YouTube videos, personal branding, and building an online community are the popular trends in marketing today. Tune in and get a glimpse of each of these streams and who’s doing it right.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: Where Marketing Is Going in 2017
- [00:35] – There’s more video content in marketing
- [00:48] – YouTube just released their live streaming feature for mobile phones
- [01:00] – Going live on Facebook is also happening
- [01:24] – Companies aren’t hiring CMOs anymore
- [02:02] – Dropbox has grown by inviting friends and getting more storage space
- [02:23] – Online marketing ads are getting saturated and are rising
- [02:48] – Growth hacking is starting to become mainstream
- [03:13] – Build a community
- [04:14] – Marketing automation is becoming prevalent
- [04:45] – Personal branding
- 07:50 – Ryan Deiss’ personal brand DigitalMarketer
- 08:50 – Take a look at what Native Commerce is doing
- [09:01] – Look at data signs
- [09:38] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Video content is dominating the marketing space, in 2017.
- A community can help your branding stick to people.
- Personal branding has its pros and cons – be sure to build and use it wisely.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: