In Episode #220, Eric and Neil discuss where marketing is going in 2017. YouTube videos, personal branding, and building an online community are the popular trends in marketing today. Tune in and get a glimpse of each of these streams and who’s doing it right.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Where Marketing Is Going in 2017
- 00:35 – There’s more video content in marketing
- 00:48 – YouTube just released their live streaming feature for mobile phones
- 01:00 – Going live on Facebook is also happening
- 01:24 – Companies aren’t hiring CMOs anymore
- 01:40 – “Marketing has a new mindset”
- 01:52 – You can leverage so many assets within a company
- 02:02 – Dropbox has grown by inviting friends and getting more storage space
- 02:23 – Online marketing ads are getting saturated and are rising
- 02:48 – Growth hacking is starting to become mainstream
- 03:13 – Build a community
- 04:14 – Marketing automation is becoming prevalent
- 04:45 – Personal branding
- 04:54 – It is easier and cheaper to acquire companies for a business through personal branding
- 05:58 – Neil’s goal is to take his personal branding to 3x this year
- 06:18 – “You really can’t sell a personal brand”
- 07:12 – A company that relies on personal branding is more difficult to sell
- 07:50 – Ryan Deiss’ personal brand DigitalMarketer
- 08:50 – Take a look at what Native Commerce is doing
- 09:01 – Look at data signs
- 09:38 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Video content is dominating the marketing space, in 2017.
- A community can help your branding stick to people.
- Personal branding has its pros and cons – be sure to build and use it wisely.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
On episode #504, Eric and Neil discuss the four fundamental things you need to master in marketing. Tune in to hear what these four elements are and how they can massively improve your business....
On episode #503, Eric and Neil talk about the quickest ways to make a 6-figure salary. Tune in for great tips on how to build your customer and financial base!...
On episode #502, Eric and Neil talk about what makes billionaires different from millionaires. Tune in to hear about the attitude and outlook that drive these successful people....