In episode #550, Eric and Neil briefly lay out seven important stats you need to track. Tune in to hear what you should absolutely be checking in on every week.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Marketers Checklist_7 Stats You Need to Check Every Single Week
- [00:38] #1: Check week over week search engine traffic.
- [00:59] Make sure you haven’t been affected by a Google update or penalty. 5 or 6% is a big change.
- [01:42] #2: Check cost per acquisition.
- [02:20] Look at gross profit LTB and fully loaded cap.
- [03:00] If you are not improving your LTB, you can’t compete.
- [03:25] #4: Check critical conversion rates
- [03:45] It can make a massive impact on your business.
- [03:56] #5: Check international traffic and conversion numbers.
- [04:15] When it’s big enough, consider translating to increase conversions.
- [04:50] If you don’t check, you won’t know where to expand!
- [05:00] #6: Track organic keywords.
- [05:05] Use Ahrefs or SEMrush to track.
- [05:30] You need to know which keywords will have big business implications.
- [05:52] #7: Use Google Search Console to check your impression count.
- [06:18] Your impression count may increase before your click count.
- [06:35] Try clickflow.io which will help you track this.
- [06:41] That’s it for today!
- [06:43] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...