In Episode #483, Eric and Neil discuss how to do content marketing if you’re in a boring industry. Tune in to learn how you can use other forms of content like video, make content that is either fun or useful, find out what is popular, and build a brand over time.
Time-stamped show notes:
- [00:29] – Today’s topic: How to Do Content Marketing if You’re in a Boring Industry
- [00:34] – Squatty Potty in 2015 did $20 million in sales on Shark Tank.
- [00:58] – They spent $600,000 on a fun video with a unicorn pooping out rainbows.
- [01:24] – Content marketing can be video too.
- [01:29] – Use BuzzSumo to see what is popular. Education and helping other people is sexy.
- [01:50] – Your content just has to be helpful and people will link back to you.
- [02:03] – The Points Guy talks about credit cards and miles.
- [02:26] – The only way to build a brand is to provide value to people.
- [03:00] – How Neil couldn’t find a good article on how to install a bidet. Some people may think it is boring, but if the content is helpful you can do well.
- [03:35] – Just look at How to Tie a Tie the number one result is very useful which is sexy at the moment.
- [04:01] – Look at the opportunities and what is performing no matter what niche you are in.
- [04:11] – That’s it for today!
- [04:14] – Marketing School is giving away a 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool.
- [04:23] – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy.
- [04:30] – You can also learn how to win a one-year subscription to Crazy Egg.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #719, Eric and Neil discuss the efficacy of midrolls. Tune in to hear whether you should drop the midrolls or keep them....
In episode #718, Eric and Neil discuss the reason people don’t buy from your site. Tune in to hear what could be blocking your conversions....
In episode #717, Eric and Neil discuss how much you should spend on marketing software. Tune in to hear why you might be over-spending....