In Episode #259, Eric and Neil discuss how to improve your conversion rate using images. Images can easily work for or against you—do they support your message or story? Do they evoke the right emotions? Tune in to learn why custom images convert better than stock photos and the importance of A/B testing your images to maximize on its performance.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Improve Your Conversion Rate Using Images
- 00:45 – Eric has custom images for his website and custom gifs for his homepage
- 01:06 – For custom images, you can repurpose them, unlike stock photos
- 01:14 – Eric’s conversion rates went up on their A/B testing
- 01:27 – Design is a priority for Eric
- 01:36 – KlientBoost is an agency focused on design
- 02:05 – A design that helps convey your message can increase conversion
- 02:16 – Neil added a heat map in the header
- 02:39 – Neil used animated gifs that was relevant to the product and service—that change showed a 15-16% increase in the conversion
- 03:12 – Design Pickle is a good place for graphic designers to make your images
- 03:22 – As per the founder, you can also request a specific design like an infographic
- 03:35 – Flat fee is $370 a month for unlimited designs
- 03:42 – Canva is a good tool for creating images for free
- 04:04 – Infogram is a quick and easy way to make custom graphics
- 04:10 – If you use images, make sure it shows a process—make sure it’s not too distracting or hard to visualize
- 04:38 – If your images are too distracting, it might lessen the conversion rate
- 04:53 – One digital marketer used the image of an iPhone battery draining when they sold tickets on Facebook
- 05:19 – Think of how you can draw people’s emotions with your images
- 05:59 – Test different variations of images
- 05:52 – Test out different images in different ads tests
- 06:04 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Custom images convert more than stock images.
- If you don’t have a graphic designer, there are tons of tools you can use to create your own custom images.
- Make your images easy on the eye, make sure it depicts a process or story, and triggers the right emotions.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #693, Eric and Neil discuss the pros and cons of raising venture capital. Tune in to hear why the juice may not be worth the squeeze....
In episode #692, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get wealthy people to respond to your emails. Tune in to hear how you can tempt people into business deals....
In episode #691, Eric and Neil Discuss why you shouldn’t just read books all day. Tune in to hear why you need to limit the time you spend absorbing information....