In Episode #484, Eric and Neil discuss how to turn marketing qualified leads into sales qualified leads. Tune in to learn the difference between a marketing qualified lead and a sales qualified lead; how to convert an MQL into an SQL through criteria, and how to automate the scheduling and sales calls.
Time-stamped show notes:
- [00:29] – Today’s topic: How to Turn Marketing Qualified Leads Into Sales Qualified Leads
- [00:39] – MQL or marketing qualified leads are actions that are taken inside your email marketing software or marketing automation software. Such as Drip or Marketo.
- [00:49] – Once someone visits a certain number of pages they may have a marketing score of 70 which makes them a marketing qualified lead.
- [01:02] – A sales qualified lead is based on the ideal client profile.
- [01:11] – How do you turn marketing qualified leads into sales qualified leads.
- [01:18] – Different behavior triggers can move someone into a sales sequence based on criteria that you set.
- [01:47] – Ask for a lot of criteria when qualifying a lead. Use a form field and pass it to sales.
- [02:11] – If sales reps aren’t talking to the leads, they are not generating conversions.
- [02:17] – Once the lead hits the form fields you can schedule them automatically in a call using something like ScheduleOnce.
- [03:26] – Once a lead comes in we use Clearbit to enrich the leads. We only reach out if they fit a certain criteria.
- [03:50] – If you want more sales qualified leads have an online chat on your site like Drift.
- [04:20] – Think about what types of leads are closing based on region.
- [05:20] – That’s it for today!
- [05:22] – Marketing School is giving away a 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool.
- [05:27] – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy. You can also learn how to win a one-year subscription to Crazy Egg.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #719, Eric and Neil discuss the efficacy of midrolls. Tune in to hear whether you should drop the midrolls or keep them....
In episode #718, Eric and Neil discuss the reason people don’t buy from your site. Tune in to hear what could be blocking your conversions....
In episode #717, Eric and Neil discuss how much you should spend on marketing software. Tune in to hear why you might be over-spending....