In episode #526, Eric and Neil discuss the ways in which you can hook readers with a killer blog introduction. Tune in to hear their tips for creating great blog posts.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Write a Killer Blog Introduction that Really Hooks the Reader
- [00:34] Neil likes something hard-hitting and quick, when it comes to blog entries.
- [00:56] Statistics really draw him in.
- [01:21] Conversational-style writing is also really appealing to Neil. Hooking people with a personal story is usually successful.
- [01:38] Neil likes to write in the first person, as it makes it seem more personal.
- [03:10] Eric likes reading things that are written by marketing copywriters, because they know how to write a good hook.
- [03:37] Eric likes looking at The Boron Letters and the book Breakthrough Advertising.
- [04:07] Perry Marshal said that your goal when writing an email is to hook them into the next email.
- [04:28] It’s important to focus on how to keep readers interested.
- [04:42] It must be authentic and fit your personality.
- [05:40] Take the signal that makes sense to you and adjust it to fit your style.
- [05:46] That’s it for today!
- [05:48] Go to singlegrain.com/giveaway if you want to get in on a special giveaway opportunity!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #534, Eric and Neil count out 7 productivity hacks that will help you run your business more efficiently. Tune in to hear these great time-and-energy-saving hacks....
In episode #533, Eric and Neil discuss how to manage clients who are never satisfied and ask for work above and beyond their contract. Tune in for some great advice on how to satisfy clients and remai...
In episode #532, Eric and Neil discuss what to do once your business hits 7 figures. Ultimately, there are two paths you can take. Tune in to hear their advice about optimizing your business for growt...