In episode #526, Eric and Neil discuss the ways in which you can hook readers with a killer blog introduction. Tune in to hear their tips for creating great blog posts.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Write a Killer Blog Introduction that Really Hooks the Reader
- [00:34] Neil likes something hard-hitting and quick, when it comes to blog entries.
- [00:56] Statistics really draw him in.
- [01:21] Conversational-style writing is also really appealing to Neil. Hooking people with a personal story is usually successful.
- [01:38] Neil likes to write in the first person, as it makes it seem more personal.
- [03:10] Eric likes reading things that are written by marketing copywriters, because they know how to write a good hook.
- [03:37] Eric likes looking at The Boron Letters and the book Breakthrough Advertising.
- [04:07] Perry Marshal said that your goal when writing an email is to hook them into the next email.
- [04:28] It’s important to focus on how to keep readers interested.
- [04:42] It must be authentic and fit your personality.
- [05:40] Take the signal that makes sense to you and adjust it to fit your style.
- [05:46] That’s it for today!
- [05:48] Go to singlegrain.com/giveaway if you want to get in on a special giveaway opportunity!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #780, Eric and Neil discuss how they are going to reach 1 Million downloads per month. Tune in to hear how they are going to do this and why they set this goal....
In episode #779, Eric and Neil discuss how to convert more leads. Tune in to hear their great hack....
In episode #778, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do with your keywords that rank in the middle, but not the top of the first search page. Tune in to hear how you can improve your rankings....