In Episode #257, Eric and Neil discuss whether it is a good time to start a marketing agency. Tune in to learn why starting a marketing agency today IS a great thing due to the internet. Also, Eric and Neil tell you how to keep yourself competitive against the other big guys in the marketing agency space.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: Is It a Good Time to Start a Marketing Agency?
- [00:39] – Neil just started an agency
- [01:09] – Neil generates an average of 300-500 leads
- [01:31] – It IS a great time because online marketing is trackable
- [01:58] – Facebook and Google’s market cap is so high
- [02:10] – The real question is: are you good enough to start an agency?
- [02:47] – Eric thought that their competition was going to eat them up
- [03:04] – When you’re trying to be a full-service agency and you’re trying to work with all types of clients, that’s when you set yourself up for failure
- [03:14] – You should focus on a certain area at the start
- [03:35] – As long as the platforms are out there and they have your attention, there is room for everyone
- [03:56] – The specialist tends to do their best
- [04:20] – When you’re starting off, you’re going to compete with the big guys
- [05:38] – Go out there and establish relationships
- [06:06] – Being able to connect with people is going to help you
- [06:18] – Neil talks about partnership with people in the industry
- 06:44 – Neil’s Advance Marketing Program
- [06:55] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Online marketing is trackable—making it easier to know if your efforts are working.
- The real question is: are you good enough to start an agency?
- Establish relationships with the people in your market and build partnerships.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: