In Episode #260, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 SEO tasks you can start automating today. They drop tried and true tools that will help you automate SEO tasks—eliminating the risk for human error and streamlining your workflow processes.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 SEO Tasks You Can Start Automating Today
- 00:33 – First is to use Ahrefs for link alerts
- 00:47 – It shows the new links that have been acquired by your competitors
- 00:56 – The link alerts can be sent to you
- 01:15 – Eric shares an example of how to link build depending on your niche
- 01:36 – Buzzsumo is a tool that can be used for link building, too
- 01:43 – Second is to use IFTTT: If This Then That to automate social sharing
- 02:00 – You can also time it
- 02:15 – Zapier is quite similar to IFTTT
- 02:22 – You can hook your blog RSS feed to your Slack
- 02:47 – SEO is like Formula 1 racing where fine tuning is essential
- 03:03 – One of the best WordPress plugs is in Yoast
- 03:17 – If you have WordPress multi-channel, Yoast automatically generates the site maps for each domain
- 03:42 – You can also use Zapier to hook in your RSS feed to your spreadsheet
- 04:07 – Your content writers can internally link to the links that you have
- 04:45 – Sixth is to sign-up for an SEO product like MOZ and OnPage
- 05:01 – It will automatically notify you when something is off with your SEO
- 05:28 – Track your keywords using Authority Labs
- 06:18 – Go to Google Analytics and set up alerts there
- 06:39 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Automating SEO tasks eliminates room for human error.
- SEO requires fine tuning and consistent tweaks.
- Tracking your keywords will help you improve your ranking.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #630, Eric and Neil explain how successful marketers think. Tune in to hear what you should be doing to become a more successful marketer....
In episode #629, Eric and Neil Discuss how to get started in SEO. Tune in to hear what’s changed and how you can get a successful start doing SEO....
In episode #628, Eric and Neil have a 6-ish minute chat about planning for the long-term. Tune in to hear why you should always focus on long-term goals and solutions....