In episode #558, Eric and Neil explain why newsletters are dying out and how chatbots are the next big thing. Tune in to hear how to leverage your chatbots for better results.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Newsletters Are Dead: You Should Do this Instead
- [00:45] Eric and Neil still have newsletters, but engagement is dropping.
- [01:01] It’s harder to get results because it can get filtered out or lost in the shuffle with the tons of emails everyone gets everyday.
- [01:26] You need to come up with new ways to connect.
- [01:38] Build up communities via social media and other outlets.
- [01:54] YouTube and chatbots have been great outlets for Eric and his clients.
- [02:11] Alex Becker does email a lot, but he is focused on building up his messenger subscribership.
- [02:36] Though newsletters are unpopular, they are still effective.
- [02:45] Eric and Neil have been moving towards shifting this message to chatbots.
- [03:15] Growth Everywhere added the Facebook Messenger App and they have seen great results from that.
- [03:38] ManyChat has growth tools that are helpful.
- [03:54] One of Eric’s most profitable campaign is shifting to chatbots.
- [04:15] Collect emails through things like content upgrades.
- [05:05] Always collect emails, because you don’t know when Facebook will change their algorithm and traffic will drop.
- [05:15] Zapier can work with ManyChat.
- [05:30] The bot will collect the email and it will be sent to your CRM and your webinar provider.
- [05:54] That’s all for today!
- [05:56] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #808, Eric and Neil discuss their early failures. Tune in to hear what not to do if you want long-term success....
In episode #807, Eric and Neil discuss the best alternative to Facebook Ads. Tune in to hear what you should be doing to grow your business....
In episode #806, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should start podcasting. Tune in to hear if you are the right kind of person for a podcast....