In Episode #487, Eric and Neil discuss how to learn copywriting when you suck at writing. Tune in to learn that you don’t have to be an expert writer to be a copywriter. Focus on overcoming objections and solving problems. They also shares books, tools, and helpful resources.
Time-stamped show notes:
- [00:28] – Today’s topic: How to Learn Copywriting When You Suck at Writing
- [00:43] – If you suck at writing, it doesn’t mean you can’t do copywriting to compel people to take action.
- [01:00] – Read Persuasion by Robert Cialdini and The Boron Letters by Gary Halbert.
- [01:53] – Neil is great at copywriting, but not writing. He learned he doesn’t have to be the best writer from Frank Kern.
- [02:26] – You just need to be able to answer the customer’s objection.
- [02:43] – Survey your visitors and find their objections. Use SurveyMonkey or any survey tool.
- [02:49] – Find out why people aren’t converting and answer those objections in your copy.
- [03:08] – Solving people’s problems will make them much more likely to convert.
- [03:27] – AppSumo is based on sending emails. Neville Medhora from Kopywriting Kourse helped Noah Kagan build AppSumo.
- [03:37] – You have to have good copy when sending emails.
- [03:58] – Also check out CopyBlogger and the podcast from John McIntyre and Ben Settle’s emails.
- [04:15] – When looking at copywriting think of the concept of Seinfeld emails: talking about nothing or the story of your day and weaving in your offer.
- [05:14] – Conversion rates are 1 to 3 percent. To get people to convert, you have to create multiple ways to help your customers convert into buyers.
- [06:29] – Talking to people and presenting information in the right scenario can also help with conversion.
- [06:41] – That’s it for today!
- [06:45] – Marketing School is giving away a 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool. Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy.
- [06:53] – You can also learn how to win a one-year subscription to Crazy Egg.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #780, Eric and Neil discuss how they are going to reach 1 Million downloads per month. Tune in to hear how they are going to do this and why they set this goal....
In episode #779, Eric and Neil discuss how to convert more leads. Tune in to hear their great hack....
In episode #778, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do with your keywords that rank in the middle, but not the top of the first search page. Tune in to hear how you can improve your rankings....