In episode #561, Eric and Neil discuss how you can market your business for under $1,000. Tune in to hear how you can market your business for free!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Market Your Business for Less Than $1,000
- [00:47] “Hand-to-hand combat” works in the beginning (making interpersonal connections).
- [01:17] It’s all about using cash flow from your first few deals to invest in basic marketing concepts.
- [01:43] Find people (via social media) who are unhappy with their marketing service and pitch them.
- [02:13] Offer free marketing in exchange for their positive testimonials.
- [02:24] One customer took a screenshot of his analytics and passed that on to other VCs.
- [02:45] Digital Telepathy did work for big names for free in exchange for having their name on the client’s website.
- [03:48] Look at Twitter List and Similar Web to get started.
- [03:57] Hunter.io is good for email marketing.
- [04:01] You can set up a mail-merge using GMASS.
- [04:12] There are plenty of free versions of helpful tools.
- [04:24] Listen to Eric’s other podcast, Growth Everywhere, to hear from your competitors and how they have succeeded.
- [05:00] Copy other people’s tried and true methods!
- [05:25] One person listened to an episode of Growth Everywhere to pick up tips and now has a seven-figure business in Barcelona.
- [06:19] That’s it for today!
- [06:20] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #662, Eric and Neil discuss what old brands can teach you about marketing. Tune in to hear how classic brands stay relevant....
In episode #661, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should ever change your company’s name. Tune in to find out if they think this is a fatal error or a smart move....
In episode #660, Eric and Neil discuss how often you need to blog. Tune in to hear how often you should be blogging and why it matters....