In Episode #252, Eric and Neil discuss how to maximize SERP real estate. Tune in to learns tips and strategies that will get your rank to 0 as well as the ways in which you can occupy multiple slots in SERP.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: How to Maximize Your SERP Real Estate
- [00:33] – SERP is Search Engine Results Page
- [01:00] – Figure how you can rank zero by having proper headings
- 01:22 – The MOZ beginner guide
- [01:44] – To get more results in SERP, have multiple pages in your site which are also sub-domain
- [03:15] – Answer questions or have a “how to” guide If you want rich snippets
- 03:36 – In Google Search Console, you can control the links that are showing up
- [04:18] – In linking, when you have subpages under the top keyword, you can also take up multiple spots
- [05:54] – Eric does reputation management for a client
- [06:03] – Eric is building links to other high page, authority results
- 06:29 – The Marketing School is giving away 5 annual copies of Ahrefs this week
- [07:17] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Proper headings can make ALL the difference – make sure it is relevant and works for you.
- How-to guides and answering questions can give you really good ranking through the snippets.
- Search for the top keywords and have pages link to it.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: