In Episode #432, Eric and Neil discuss how to secure your website. Tune in to learn why a two-factor authentication for your website is better and the importance of backing up your website for security reasons.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: How to Secure Your Website
- [00:33] – HTTPS is a certificate that can secure your website and there are multiple versions of it
- [00:55] – Get an SSL certificate
- [01:08] – One of Eric’s friends switched from HTTP to HTTPS and their traffic dropped
- [01:48] – Have a two-factor authentication for your website
- 02:05 – LastPass helps, too
- [02:21] – Make sure you are constantly checking your website
- 02:41 – For blogs, use VaultPress
- [02:55] – For hosting, make sure you’re using a great host
- [03:15] – Backup your sites
- 03:39 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:46 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- [03:50] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- An SSL certificate and HTTPS can make your site more secure.
- Be careful with your login credentials—use difficult passwords.
- Always backup your sites.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: