In Episode #432, Eric and Neil discuss how to secure your website. Tune in to learn why a two-factor authentication for your website is better and the importance of backing up your website for security reasons.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Secure Your Website
- 00:33 – HTTPS is a certificate that can secure your website and there are multiple versions of it
- 00:55 – Get an SSL certificate
- 01:08 – One of Eric’s friends switched from HTTP to HTTPS and their traffic dropped
- 01:48 – Have a two-factor authentication for your website
- 02:05 – LastPass helps, too
- 02:21 – Make sure you are constantly checking your website
- 02:41 – For blogs, use VaultPress
- 02:55 – For hosting, make sure you’re using a great host
- 03:15 – Backup your sites
- 03:39 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:46 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 03:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- An SSL certificate and HTTPS can make your site more secure.
- Be careful with your login credentials—use difficult passwords.
- Always backup your sites.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #693, Eric and Neil discuss the pros and cons of raising venture capital. Tune in to hear why the juice may not be worth the squeeze....
In episode #692, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get wealthy people to respond to your emails. Tune in to hear how you can tempt people into business deals....
In episode #691, Eric and Neil Discuss why you shouldn’t just read books all day. Tune in to hear why you need to limit the time you spend absorbing information....