In Episode #432, Eric and Neil discuss how to secure your website. Tune in to learn why a two-factor authentication for your website is better and the importance of backing up your website for security reasons.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Secure Your Website
- 00:33 – HTTPS is a certificate that can secure your website and there are multiple versions of it
- 00:55 – Get an SSL certificate
- 01:08 – One of Eric’s friends switched from HTTP to HTTPS and their traffic dropped
- 01:48 – Have a two-factor authentication for your website
- 02:05 – LastPass helps, too
- 02:21 – Make sure you are constantly checking your website
- 02:41 – For blogs, use VaultPress
- 02:55 – For hosting, make sure you’re using a great host
- 03:15 – Backup your sites
- 03:39 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:46 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 03:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- An SSL certificate and HTTPS can make your site more secure.
- Be careful with your login credentials—use difficult passwords.
- Always backup your sites.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #780, Eric and Neil discuss how they are going to reach 1 Million downloads per month. Tune in to hear how they are going to do this and why they set this goal....
In episode #779, Eric and Neil discuss how to convert more leads. Tune in to hear their great hack....
In episode #778, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do with your keywords that rank in the middle, but not the top of the first search page. Tune in to hear how you can improve your rankings....