In episode #552, Eric and Neil explain how you can get the best marketing tactics from other marketers. Tune in to hear how you can learn the latest techniques and get ahead.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How You Can Get the World’s Top Marketers to Share Their Secrets with You
- [00:36] Once people start to share a tactic, it starts to get over-used.
- [01:00] So how do you learn about great tactics without becoming one of many using the same technique?
- [01:24] Neil thinks marketers like to party, spend money, and talk themselves up.
- [02:25] The creator of Growthhackers.com created the site because he wanted to have a community to share tips.
- [02:52] Marketers are going to try to outdo each other; by putting together a panel or roundtable, you will learn great techniques because they will all spill the beans just to impress each other.
- [03:36] You also want to share your tactics with others in order to get information back.
- [03:55] Neil likes to share tactics that work, but are kind of on their way out.
- [04:37] Sharing techniques that are new and on their way up, it will get spread around and overused.
- [05:07] The key is to be really careful who you share things with.
- [06:10] If you want marketers to share their secrets with you, your best bet is to go to conferences.
- [06:24] Conferences are where everyone wants to show off.
- [06:35] That’s it for today!
- [06:37] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
- [06:42] Tweet at Eric @Ericosiu and let him know if you want them to curate/bundle their podcast content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #662, Eric and Neil discuss what old brands can teach you about marketing. Tune in to hear how classic brands stay relevant....
In episode #661, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should ever change your company’s name. Tune in to find out if they think this is a fatal error or a smart move....
In episode #660, Eric and Neil discuss how often you need to blog. Tune in to hear how often you should be blogging and why it matters....