In episode #530, Eric and Neil tell you the real secret about how to raise your Google ranking. Tune in to hear the honest truth that other marketers won’t tell you.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Learn the Real Secret to Ranking on Page 1 (and What Most Marketers Won’t Tell You)
- [00:37] Eric and Neil rank for a number of keywords or terms.
- [01:08] When trying to rank for those terms, they did not create pages specifically for them.
- [01:25] Eric has created hundreds of pages for Single Grain, but the majority do not rank well; it’s a quantity game.
- [01:34] There was no difference between the pages that ranked and those that did not.
- [01:47] Neil and Eric create a massive amount of content, because it’s a hit or miss game.There is no guarantee that the content will be a hit.
- [02:31] For the posts that rank, they have a process that involves Google Search Console.
- [02:56] Step 1: Install Google Search Console.
- [03:08] Step 2: Go to the Search Analytics section.
- [03:17] Step 3: Click on three buttons/check boxes on the top left (“CTR”, “Impressions”, and “Clicks”).
- [03:36] Step 4: Click on the radio button for “Pages”.
- [03:47] You want to see the pages that have a high impression count, but a low click-through rate.
- [04:17] Low click-through rates are the low-hanging fruit you want to optimize.
- [04:26] By changing the titles of these, it can help you change your click-through rate.
- [04:50] So, create a lot of content, see what performs the best in Google Search Console, go in and fine-tune your content (make it super detailed and try to maximize the traffic you can get from them.
- [05:15] No one knows why some pages rank and others don’t. That’s the big secret!
- [05:33] If you want the most traffic, you need to focus on quantity.
- [05:42] Write at least one article per day and don’t overlap your topics.
- [06:02] They built ClickFlow to help you manage the Google Search Console process.
- [06:26] Focus on creating quality content in mass quantities; over time, Google will start to see your site as an authority, which will cause your domain authority rise, and whenever you write new content, it becomes easier to rank.
- [07:10] Make sure you go after keywords that monetize.
- [07:27] That’s it for today!
- [07:29] Go to singlegrain.com/giveaway if you want to get in on a special giveaway opportunity!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #572, Eric and Neil explain ways that you can easily make 6 figures as a marketer. Tune in to hear how to prove yourself to be a valuable asset....
In episode #571, Eric and Neil explain why it may be worth paying to join a Mastermind group. Tune in to hear if joining a Mastermind is right for you and how you can get the most out of the membershi...