In episode #530, Eric and Neil tell you the real secret about how to raise your Google ranking. Tune in to hear the honest truth that other marketers won’t tell you.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Learn the Real Secret to Ranking on Page 1 (and What Most Marketers Won’t Tell You)
- [00:37] Eric and Neil rank for a number of keywords or terms.
- [01:08] When trying to rank for those terms, they did not create pages specifically for them.
- [01:25] Eric has created hundreds of pages for Single Grain, but the majority do not rank well; it’s a quantity game.
- [01:34] There was no difference between the pages that ranked and those that did not.
- [01:47] Neil and Eric create a massive amount of content, because it’s a hit or miss game.There is no guarantee that the content will be a hit.
- [02:31] For the posts that rank, they have a process that involves Google Search Console.
- [02:56] Step 1: Install Google Search Console.
- [03:08] Step 2: Go to the Search Analytics section.
- [03:17] Step 3: Click on three buttons/check boxes on the top left (“CTR”, “Impressions”, and “Clicks”).
- [03:36] Step 4: Click on the radio button for “Pages”.
- [03:47] You want to see the pages that have a high impression count, but a low click-through rate.
- [04:17] Low click-through rates are the low-hanging fruit you want to optimize.
- [04:26] By changing the titles of these, it can help you change your click-through rate.
- [04:50] So, create a lot of content, see what performs the best in Google Search Console, go in and fine-tune your content (make it super detailed and try to maximize the traffic you can get from them.
- [05:15] No one knows why some pages rank and others don’t. That’s the big secret!
- [05:33] If you want the most traffic, you need to focus on quantity.
- [05:42] Write at least one article per day and don’t overlap your topics.
- [06:02] They built ClickFlow to help you manage the Google Search Console process.
- [06:26] Focus on creating quality content in mass quantities; over time, Google will start to see your site as an authority, which will cause your domain authority rise, and whenever you write new content, it becomes easier to rank.
- [07:10] Make sure you go after keywords that monetize.
- [07:27] That’s it for today!
- [07:29] Go to singlegrain.com/giveaway if you want to get in on a special giveaway opportunity!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #534, Eric and Neil count out 7 productivity hacks that will help you run your business more efficiently. Tune in to hear these great time-and-energy-saving hacks....
In episode #533, Eric and Neil discuss how to manage clients who are never satisfied and ask for work above and beyond their contract. Tune in for some great advice on how to satisfy clients and remai...
In episode #532, Eric and Neil discuss what to do once your business hits 7 figures. Ultimately, there are two paths you can take. Tune in to hear their advice about optimizing your business for growt...