In Episode #366, Eric and Neil discuss how growth is getting harder and what you can do about it. In terms of marketing, it seems that everything repeats itself. Now, more than ever, is the time to get CREATIVE in order to stand out. Tune in to learn how you can deal with the fast-paced, competitive market out there and the importance of keeping it fresh and original.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: Growth Is Getting Harder (And What You Can Do About It)
- 00:36 – Today’s episode is inspired by Uber’s Andrew Chen who is well known in the growth network
- [00:55] – CPCs and the rise of ad blockers are getting higher
- [01:18] – “As growth gets harder, you have no choice but to get more creative”
- [01:24] – The main way to grow is to think outside the box and go after different channels
- 01:43 – Facebook has a saturation point and the ad prices are higher
- [01:57] – Aside from the sending people to landing pages from your Facebook ads, take your people to educational/press type articles
- [02:15] – It will all come down to CREATIVITY
- [02:38] – Everyone is getting smarter in regards to growth
- [02:50] – The competition is tougher
- 03:09 – Facebook and Google are still on the top list of apps
- [03:19] – Develop your own brand to stand out
- [03:37] – Building your brand with corporate personnel
- 03:50 – Amazon’s customers are loyal therefore, they will always have high conversion rates
- 04:08 – Beats by Dre entered a saturated market, but still manages to make sales
- [04:21] – Beats by Dre has a great design that becomes part of one’s lifestyle
- [04:30] – They pay celebrities to use Beats by Dre
- [04:40] – Alternatively, you can give out equity in exchange for promotion
- 04:45 – Vitamin Water gave out equity to promote their product
- [05:05] – Social media channels are copying each other
- [05:24] – You have to figure out a way to differentiate yourself from the competitors
- 06:00 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which helps you increase your conversion rate
- 06:33 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- [06:45] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Leverage all channels that are available to grow your brand.
- The more creative you are, the more you will be able to adapt to the market and compete.
- Giving out equity is another way you can promote your brand.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: