In episode #488 of Marketing School, Eric and Neil discuss whether it is better to hire an agency or a freelancer to market your business. Tune in to learn which approach is best for you and your company.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Work with an Agency or Hire Freelancers?
- [00:36] Establish a goal.
- [01:15] Freelancers are great if you have a lot of time to manage people; plus it’s more cost-effective.
- [01:46] Agencies tend to move faster than the companies that hire them; hire them if you need someone to push you.
- [02:33] You can find freelancers on sites like Upwork, Problogger, or Fivrr.
- [03:38] You can use tools like Hubstaff to manage your freelancers (it takes screenshots and helps to track their time).
- [04:15] Before you hire anyone, be sure to ask what they are going to do for your business.
- [05:00] Check agencies’ and freelancers’ past work, experiences, and ratings.
- [05:33] That’s it for today!
- [05:35] Marketing School is giving away a 90-day free trial to Crazy Egg, which is a visual analytics tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #630, Eric and Neil explain how successful marketers think. Tune in to hear what you should be doing to become a more successful marketer....
In episode #629, Eric and Neil Discuss how to get started in SEO. Tune in to hear what’s changed and how you can get a successful start doing SEO....
In episode #628, Eric and Neil have a 6-ish minute chat about planning for the long-term. Tune in to hear why you should always focus on long-term goals and solutions....