In episode #1968, Neil and Eric talk about 7 key questions to ask to get better. We all have blind spots about ourselves, and one of the best ways to gain insight into one’s strengths and weaknesses is to ask for feedback from other people. Tune in to hear about the 7 key questions you should be asking your peers to give feedback on, and how to implement that self-knowledge going forward!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: 7 Key Questions To Ask To Get Better.
- [00:30] The Zone of Genius exercise, what Eric learned from it, and who you should be asking to give feedback on 7 key questions about you.
- [01:00] Why you should find out what you have a world-class talent for.
- [02:02] The benefit of uncovering what your weaknesses are.
- [02:20] Neil and Eric share what their teams rate as their biggest weaknesses.
- [02:44] Ask your co-workers what you’re good at, but don’t appear to enjoy.
- [03:10] Find your focus by asking yourself what actions have moved the needle for your company over the past year.
- [04:15] Get feedback on where you seem to be experiencing the most joy and energy.
- [05:01] Why you should identify who’s better than you at the job you’re currently doing.
- [05:41] Ask yourself which of your current tasks may be better executed by someone else.
- [06:24] Why it’s so important to get feedback and take your ego out of the equation.
- [06:30] That’s it for today!
- [06:38] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to apply for our next event in Austin, Texas!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...