In Episode #198, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should syndicate your content. Syndication simply means reposting content that you have onto other sites. Eric and Neil discuss how to best syndicate your content and why it is important to know where you post. They also address people’s hesitations in, essentially, duplicating their posts and discuss the advantages of doing just that.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Be Syndicating Your Content?
- 00:35 – Syndication is reposting content in another website
- 00:50 – You don’t need to worry if you’re syndicating only a couple of times
- 01:23 – If you’re syndicating with a higher authority website and your website is brand new, the high-authority website might take over
- 02:01 – If you want to reuse and repurpose your content on different medium platforms—do it!
- 02:38 – There are different audiences who prefer different audio and video formats
- 02:40 – Try to resyndicate
- 03:10 – Medium allows you to add a canonical tag to your content
- 03:25 – Search for sites that allow syndication; LinkedIn is another example
- 03:41 – If you’re syndicating to another blog, write at the top of the blog post where you originally posted this material so people can get context
- 03:52 – Syndication is an element of repurposing
- 04:15 – Syndication and repurposing is a good way to maximize your earning power because your content is getting double the play
- 04:39 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Syndication should be done in a timely manner while using your best content.
- Search and understand the websites that allow you to syndicate.
- Syndication is an element of repurposing that helps you maximize the earning potential of your best content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...