In episode #563, Eric and Neil lay out what they do with their blog posts and how it helps them succeed. Tune in to hear some great blogging tips!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Bare Minimum You Should Do With Every Blog Post You Publish
- [00:38] Neil thinks he’s published 6,000-7,000 blog posts.
- [00:57] Neil always has a simple checklist for writing blog posts.
- [01:12] When using BuzzSumo, you need to look at what has worked in the last year.
- [01:33] Go after social traffic and search traffic (SEMrush).
- [01:52] Come up with better headlines, outline the post, then complete it.
- [02:11] Go above and beyond and be super thorough.
- [02:21] Add custom images from stock photos or graphs.
- [02:31] Email everyone you link out to in your post.
- [03:00] Reach out to everyone who shared similar articles and direct them to your article.
- [03:38] Take the article and put it into Ahrefs and see who links to it.
- [04:05] Eric’s strategy: automate the process of sharing to your social channels using Zapier.
- [04:39] Blogging Checklist is a great plug-in for WordPress.
- [04:55] Have a word count, image count, source count, etc. and put it on the checklist.
- [05:24] Think about how to upgrade or repurpose your content.
- [05:43] That’s it for today!
- [05:45] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #930, we discuss how to use Amazon for content and product development. Tune in to hear how you can use reviews to your advantage....
In episode #929, we discuss whether you should rebrand your logo. Tune in to hear if a rebranding is worth the trouble....