In episode #563, Eric and Neil lay out what they do with their blog posts and how it helps them succeed. Tune in to hear some great blogging tips!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Bare Minimum You Should Do With Every Blog Post You Publish
- [00:38] Neil thinks he’s published 6,000-7,000 blog posts.
- [00:57] Neil always has a simple checklist for writing blog posts.
- [01:12] When using BuzzSumo, you need to look at what has worked in the last year.
- [01:33] Go after social traffic and search traffic (SEMrush).
- [01:52] Come up with better headlines, outline the post, then complete it.
- [02:11] Go above and beyond and be super thorough.
- [02:21] Add custom images from stock photos or graphs.
- [02:31] Email everyone you link out to in your post.
- [03:00] Reach out to everyone who shared similar articles and direct them to your article.
- [03:38] Take the article and put it into Ahrefs and see who links to it.
- [04:05] Eric’s strategy: automate the process of sharing to your social channels using Zapier.
- [04:39] Blogging Checklist is a great plug-in for WordPress.
- [04:55] Have a word count, image count, source count, etc. and put it on the checklist.
- [05:24] Think about how to upgrade or repurpose your content.
- [05:43] That’s it for today!
- [05:45] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...