In Episode #265, Eric and Neil discuss what Apple search ads are. Tune in to find out the benefits of investing in an app, whether it’s a fit for your business, and the ways you can boost your install rate via Apple apps.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Apple Search Ads Are
- 00:37 – If you’re searching on the App Store, you can actually bid on specific keywords that will trigger your app on a search
- 00:49 – You’ll have a sponsored ad on top of that and people can click through
- 00:57 – The goal is to get more installs
- 01:13 – Eric has been testing this for quite some time
- 01:17 – The average cost per install or CPI has been getting higher over the years
- 01:37 – If you have an app you want to push, this is one of the ways to do it
- 01:51 – Neil has also tried this and it works if your app has a decent rating
- 02:13 – The rating should be from a good number of people
- 02:47 – Apps are supplemental for businesses, but don’t try to bet everything on the apps you create
- 02:59 – It is too expensive
- 03:15 – It might worth a shot for your business—so try it
- 03:26 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- You can bid on a specific keyword to call up your app on the App store.
- Your app needs decent ratings for the search ads to work well.
- Apple search ads aren’t as sophisticated as Facebook or Instagram ads—but, is still worth a try.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...