In episode #519, Eric and Neil give a few tips that they wish they had known when they were first starting out. Tune in to hear important tips that will help you succeed at content marketing.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Simple Marketing Tips that We Would Give Our Younger Selves
- [00:34] Happy New Year! Welcome to 2018!
- [00:44] Tip #1: Build a brand.
- [01:08] One of the biggest thing Neil learned, is that you must always build your brand. Tactics are not as important as branding.
- [01:37] Whether you like a brand or not, the bigger it is, the more successful it is.
- [01:53] This doesn’t mean you can’t be a micro-influencer. Unity Influence compiles micro-influencers.
- [02:20] The first site Eric created was called “Light Show Videos” and he was obsessed with rankings, but when he tried to sell his site, he only got a $50 offer.
- [02:49] He would look at Black Hat Forums and Wicked Fire to learn all of the tactics that he thought would help him build his site.
- [03:05] To play the long game, you must build a brand.
- [03:33] It’s about long-term reach and flipping it into other opportunities.
- [03:51] Tip #2: It takes time, but you should always play the long game.
- [04:09] When speaking with a mentor, the ex-President of JBL, even he said it takes time to build a brand.
- [05:00] Tip #3: If you are a consumer-based marketer, stick with that. If you are a B2B type of person, stick with that and don’t switch back and forth.
- [05:41] Neil has a loyal following right now, so it would probably serve his audience to build upon his current brand.
- [06:10] Stay within your “circle of understanding” and build upon that.
- [06:35] An episode of “The Profit” covered the story of a Hollywood star who tried to start a brick-and-mortar store. Because it was beyond her skill set, it is not succeeding.
- [07:16] That’s it for today!
- [07:17] For our daily giveaway, go to singlegrain.com/giveaway for a special treat.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #600, Eric and Neil explain how you can generate traffic on Instagram. Tune in to hear how you can leverage social media in order to grow your business....
In episode #599, Eric and Neil discuss how you can run a virtual marketing team. Tune in for tips on how to manage remote workers....
In episode #598, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 crazy ways you can improve your business. Tune in to hear how you can attract more customers and increase revenue!...