In episode #1535, we give you the one marketing skill that will get you hired in 2020 – and it is not SEO or PPC! As Andrew Chen famously said, “All marketing channels eventually go to shit.” This means that if you still want to get seen, you need to start thinking more creatively! Tune in to hear more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: 1 Marketing Skill That Will Get You Hired in 2021.
- [00:38] Creativity is the number one skill that will get you hired!
- [00:48] Our marketing channels ‘eventually go to shit,’ so success requires creativity.
- [01:18] Russel Brunson’s MP3 player strategy as an example of creative marketing.
- [01:30] Neil’s creative branding strategy that is using the TV commercial format.
- [02:02] Getting around ‘banner blindness’ by keeping things fresh.
- [02:39] How Eric and his team got more creative in their Consulting School program.
- [03:10] The need for more truly creative people and what skills they should have.
- [03:35] Knowledge of execution will take your value one step further.
- [03:56] Iterating quickly, a common discussion in Eric’s Consulting School program.
- [04:24] That’s it for today!
- [04:25] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...