In Episode #13 Eric and Neil provide useful tips to help you stay consistent with your blog content. They’ll talk about the value of consistent posts, and they’ll give you the resources you need to keep producing content and stay organized.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – How to stay consistent with content output
- 00:55 – Neil’s blog Quick Sprout and what happened when he took a break from blogging
- 01:15 – Keep on top of your blog
- 01:40 – Block out time to create your content
- 02:27 – If you’re not sure what to write on, go to Buzzsumo.com
- 02:40 – Find a blogger online and clearly label what you need from them. Ask for writing samples and know their rate.
- 03:20 – Pay should be between $50 to $200 for one blog post
- 03:40 – Schedule out your content with your writers
- 03:55 – Publish posts once you have a backlog of posts
- 04:10 – You will speed up with blog writing as you keep doing it
- 04:30 – You have to have a content bank
- 04:50 – Create an editorial calendar
- 05:20 – See what’s going to be posted in the future, and let people know what’s coming
- 05:30 – The calendar is a helpful tool for a book launch
- 06:00 – Editorial calendars will help you with organization
- 06:15 – The calendar helps you know what you should be writing on
- 06:35 – It will help you make sure you are targeting the right people
- 07:30 – Tools for an editorial calendar
- 08:30 – Start out your blog at a pace that you can handle
- 09:10 – You need to have a process for writing
- 09:35 – A process can be handed off easily to other writers
- 10:00 – Make sure you don’t make things too complicated
- 10:45 – Leave a rating and review, and please subscribe!
3 Key Points:
- Have a backlog of content ready to post to your blog.
- Create an editorial calendar to help you stay organized and know what you should be writing about.
- Develop a process that can easily be handed off to other writers.
- Quick Sprout – Neil’s blog
- Buzzsumo.com – A tool to help you find new topics to write about
- CoSchedule and Editorial Calendar plugin – Two tools you can use to create an editorial calendar
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...