In Episode #15 Eric and Neil talk about link building. When you want to up your rating on Google, you need to have strong links to sites with a good standing. Build relationships with sites similar to your industry, and put in the effort to get your links out there.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – What is link building?
- 00:40 – Google and the value of links
- 01:05 – You get to the top ranking on Google by having strong content and links
- 01:30 – Not all links are created equal
- 01:45 – Google can discern the authority of your links
- 02:00 – How to build great links
- 02:10 – Ahrefs.com pulls up links on your competitors’ sites and ranks those links based on domain authority
- 02:30 – It’s like a richter scale
- 02:45 – You want a domain authority of 60 or higher
- 03:00 – Hit up those sites and ask if they would be willing to link to your content
- 03:35 – Email relevant sites to get them to link to you
- 04:45 – Guest posting is another way to get great links
- 04:55 – Look for sites that are relevant to you
- 05:20 – Make everything easy for the site you are reaching out to
- 05:40 – Link building should start with building a relationship
- 06:15 – Guest post to drive customers and help your brand
- 06:50 – Using broken links from sites that go down every day
- 07:20 – Google “broken link checker”
- 07:30 – Find broken links in your industry
- 07:40 – Put your URL into Archive.org and make a better version of the original site
- 08:05 – Email the sites linking to that dead page, and offer your new content
- 08:25 – 20 to 30% success rate with broken links
- 09:10 – Roundup building
- 09:25 – Create a roundup for your niche, and people will reach out to you
- 09:55 – Subscribe to learn more marketing tactics!
3 Key Points:
- Link to quality sites that are related to your industry.
- Make the process easy for the site you are reaching out to.
- Look at building links as a byproduct of building relationships.
- Ahrefs.com – Helps you find sites where you can link your content
- Outreach.io and PersistIQ – Tools to send out automated emails
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2568, we set our sights on growing business trends. We navigate the dynamic landscape of emerging trends that are reshaping the business world, with a spotlight on industry giants like Sho...
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...