In Episode #16 Eric and Neil talk about how to create great links that boost your website’s ranking. Hear about specific strategies that you can implement to create stellar links with high relevancy.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:23 – What goes into a great link?
- 00:40 – The more people link to you, the better you will rank.
- 00:55 – Not all links are created equal.
- 01:20 – Look for domain authority
- 02:00 – Look at how relevant a link is
- 02:30 – Linking sites with related topics
- 02:55 – Do-follow links vs. no-follow links
- 03:50 – Study by Moz: The effects of links and where you’re linking from
- 04:30 – How easy is it for someone to build a certain link?
- 05:05 – Google knows the difference between user-generated content and non-user-generated content
- 05:30 – Links that can’t be easily manipulated are much more powerful.
- 06:00 – Don’t make too many links too quickly.
- 06:38 – Continuing with the same velocity will eventually make your ranking jump
- 07:00 – Stay consistent with your speed as you build links.
- 07:30 – Link Blending
- 07:40 – Mentioning other people in the same category so that Google can recognize the relevancy of your links
- 08:30 – Getting links from high-ranked sites by using the same keywords
- 09:40 – A Link Wheel
- 10:00 – Cross linking and multiple tiers of links
- 10:20 – All the sites are boosting each other up
- 10:45 – Apply this tactic in a “white hat” way.
- 11:30 – Check out tomorrow’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Not all links are created equal—look for domain authority and relevancy.
- Use links that can’t be easily manipulated.
- Stay consistent with the number of links you are adding throughout the life of your website.
- Study by Moz: An article that discusses the effects of links from different sources
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...