In Episode #17 Eric and Neil explain what a marketing funnel is. Then they’ll walk you through how to create your own marketing funnel, with advice on automated tools to help you get the best results.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:23 – What is a marketing funnel?
- 00:25 – Google a “marketing funnel” and see Neil’s site at the top
- 01:00 – Funneling down from 100 to one or two people
- 01:44 – A marketing funnel is a great way to get people to convert
- 01:55 – The chances of a random person on the street to agree to marry you vs. agree to go on a date with you
- 02:50 – Getting to know your visitors over time
- 03:10 – Collect emails and educate people to build trust
- 03:28 – They will be much more likely to say ‘yes’ a month or so later
- 02:55 – The top of the funnel
- 04:12 – The middle of the funnel
- 04:33 – The bottom of the funnel, closing them on an offer
- 04:49 – The importance of collecting emails
- 05:02 – Drip is an easy email automation tool
- 05:20 – Acquired by Leadpages
- 05:28 – Infusionsoft has more advanced features
- 05:40 – An example of how the tool is used
- 06:20 – Tracking what type of emails people open
- 06:50 – Getting people involved in a free trial
- 07:25 – Taking them through multiple funnels
- 07:55 – Infusionsoft lets you track everything so that you can use multiple funnels
- 09:00 – You don’t have to start out with an advanced method
- 09:25 – Simple processes when you’re starting out
- 10:00 – Use software later on to stay organized
- 11:20 – Keep it simple and make it more complex as it is successful
- 10:54 – We’ll see you in the next episode!
3 Key Points:
- A marketing funnel is a strategy to get people to convert.
- The funnel is divided into three processes, at the top, middle, and bottom of the funnel.
- Start out with a simple funnel, and adjust that funnel until you see success. Then you can start to make your marketing funnel more complex.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...