Welcome to The Marketing School Podcast—your resource to learn, grown, and nurture your passion for online marketing! In Episode #2 Eric and Neil center the conversation on, Their Biggest Marketing Wins. Enjoy!
- 00:42 – Neil kicks off the conversation
- 00:55 – Authenticate sign-ups through Facebook or Gmail
- 01:29 – Eliminate the friction of signing up
- 01:53 – This ONE trick helped Neil double their sign-up numbers
- 02:18 – When you’re writing content, what is your goal?
- 02:43 – Defining the content upgrade
- 03:30 – Offering content upgrades led to a roughly 10% conversion increase
- 04:12 – Thrive—a GREAT plugin especially when combined with leadpages
- 05:25 – Link your content to detailed guides
- 05:47 – Go ABOVE AND BEYOND and you’ll have better content than your competition every time
- 06:14 – Don’t litter your guides with fluff—be detailed
- 07:05 – SEM Rush
- 07:50 – Get the traction first—you need to hit singles before you can hit homeruns
- 08:19 – Betting the house on YouTube Marketing
- 08:55 – Snapchat 10B views per day
- 09:12 – The things that require the most work are the things that have the biggest payoff
- 09:52 – Translate your content into other languages
3 Key Points:
- Most of the stuff on the internet is for English-speaking people, but most people in the world don’t speak English—translate your content.
- Go above and beyond—that which requires the most work comes with the biggest rewards.
- When you’re creating content, always be cognizant of your end-goal.
- SEM Rush – Tool Eric loves
- Thrive – a GREAT plugin recommended by Neil, particularly when it is combined with Leadpages
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...