Welcome to The Marketing School Podcast—your resource to learn, grown, and nurture your passion for online marketing! In Episode #3 Eric and Neil center the conversation on, Their Favorite Marketing Tools. Enjoy!
- 00:40 – Neil kicks off the conversation
- 00:45 – Neil’s favorite marketing tool is one that everybody fails to use properly…Google Anayltics
- 01:35 – You need at least 6 months to generate quality organic traffic
- 01:50 – What works on Facebook does NOT work well for organic
- 02:45 – Google Search Console
- 05:00 – Nudging keywords up just a little bit can really maximize traffic
- 06:00 – Look for the low-hanging fruit
- 06:04 – AHREFS
- 06:15 – Highlights backlinks, backlinks lost, and links of competitors
- 07:48 – knowing what your competitors are ranking for is priceless
- 08:26 – Talking in detail about SEM Rush
- 08:45 – Can show adverts competitors are running
- 09:12 – http://www.crazyegg.com
- 09:50 – Transparency into how people engage with your website
- 10:29 – Most people don’t scroll beyond the fold
- 10:55 – http://www.hellobar.com
- 11:31 – Great at generating additional emails
3 Key Points:
- What works for social doesn’t always work for organic and vice versa.
- Gain insight into what your competitors are doing—it will really pay off.
- If you’re using Google Analytics, chances are you’re using it improperly—make sure you really know what you’re doing, take the time to LEARN.
- http://www.crazyegg.com – Gain transparency into what visitors are doing on your websites
- http://www.hellobar.com – A tool to maximize email acquisition
- AHREFS – Use to gain insight into what competitors are doing
- Google Anayltics – Neil’s holy grail of online marketing
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...