In Episode #314, Eric and Neil discuss 3 simple ways to save money on SEO using PPC. Tune in to learn the importance of knowing the right keywords to use in SEO so you won’t end up wasting money or time.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 3 Simple Ways to Save Money on SEO Using PPC
- 00:38 – Everyone looks at pay-per-click as an expense but it’s not a bad expense
- 00:49 – From an SEO perspective, it takes a long time
- 01:00 – The first way to save money is to target the right keywords
- 01:05 – You can use Google Keyword Planner, UberSuggest or Keyword.io
- 01:11 – “Volume isn’t everything if people don’t purchase from those keywords—no matter how many visitors you get, it’s useless”
- 01:19 – With PPC, you can test out words and phrases and when you see conversion, start targeting from organic search perspective
- 01:35 – If you want to scale, use AdWords Editor to move things faster
- 02:00 – If you have a brand keyword, a competitor can start to categorize you as the brand owner
- 02:48 – Focus your SEO first on non-seasonal based terms
- 03:10 – It costs the same time and money with seasonal-based keywords
- 03:22 – Go to Google Trends, type the terms and make sure it’s not in the seasonality
- 03:38 – After the terms get consistent traffic all year round, then go for the seasonal terms
- 04:03 – More consistent income is better than the income that goes up and down over a few months
- 04:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- PPC is an expense, but it is NOT a bad expense—test if it’s right for you.
- While SEO can be cheaper, it takes time and testing to see which works best.
- If you have a brand keyword, keep it, as a competitor will start to see you as the brand owner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...