In Episode #314, Eric and Neil discuss 3 simple ways to save money on SEO using PPC. Tune in to learn the importance of knowing the right keywords to use in SEO so you won’t end up wasting money or time.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 3 Simple Ways to Save Money on SEO Using PPC
- 00:38 – Everyone looks at pay-per-click as an expense but it’s not a bad expense
- 00:49 – From an SEO perspective, it takes a long time
- 01:00 – The first way to save money is to target the right keywords
- 01:05 – You can use Google Keyword Planner, UberSuggest or Keyword.io
- 01:11 – “Volume isn’t everything if people don’t purchase from those keywords—no matter how many visitors you get, it’s useless”
- 01:19 – With PPC, you can test out words and phrases and when you see conversion, start targeting from organic search perspective
- 01:35 – If you want to scale, use AdWords Editor to move things faster
- 02:00 – If you have a brand keyword, a competitor can start to categorize you as the brand owner
- 02:48 – Focus your SEO first on non-seasonal based terms
- 03:10 – It costs the same time and money with seasonal-based keywords
- 03:22 – Go to Google Trends, type the terms and make sure it’s not in the seasonality
- 03:38 – After the terms get consistent traffic all year round, then go for the seasonal terms
- 04:03 – More consistent income is better than the income that goes up and down over a few months
- 04:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- PPC is an expense, but it is NOT a bad expense—test if it’s right for you.
- While SEO can be cheaper, it takes time and testing to see which works best.
- If you have a brand keyword, keep it, as a competitor will start to see you as the brand owner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...