In episode #1044, we discuss tips for better subject lines. Tune in to hear what you could be doing better.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 3 Tips For Better Subject Lines
- [00:35] Salesloft has people sending millions of emails out.
- [01:33] Research shows that subject lines with just one word out-perform the average email by 87%.
- [01:50] This casual subject line mimics more casual emails you might receive from friends.
- [03:15] “Hey, Jane” performs better than just “Jane”.
- [04:00] The more “human” the subject line, the better.
- [04:15] Emails need to be under a certain word count to be successful.
- [04:30] Avoid bullet points, as emails with bullet points get lower reply rates.
- [05:45] Eric isn’t sure if you should omit opt-out links, because you will get spam complaints.
- [06:20] The more your list engages, the better your open rates, deliverability, etc.
- [06:35] That’s it for today!
- [06:40] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1398 we give you seven unique blog post angles that drive a flood of traffic. From creating visualizations of other popular posts to hosting expert interviews and documenting how you solve...
In episode #1397, we talk about seven simple ways to save money on your marketing! Almost everyone is looking to cut costs at the moment and your marketing budget should be no different. Tune in to he...
In episode #1396, we talk about where the good investment opportunities are right now. In the middle of the current pandemic, the only safe action would be putting some money into the stock market, ev...