On episode #504, Eric and Neil discuss the four fundamental things you need to master in marketing. Tune in to hear what these four elements are and how they can massively improve your business.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 4 Fundamental Things You Need to Master in Marketing
- [00:34] Element #1: Consistency when it comes to running tests.
- [01:10] Neil finds that what works in marketing today, won’t necessarily work tomorrow. By running tests, you figure out what is working and what is not.
- [01:35] For instance, Neil decided to use Google Authentication as a method of signing up for his email list, which produced better results than asking for names and addresses.
- [02:05] Element #2: Having a growth mindset. Looking at your peers, assessing new options, and not being closed-off.
- [02:46] Element #3: Be data driven. Numbers are all that matter!
- [03:21] When Neil spoke with his team recently, they listed changes they wanted to make, but the changes weren’t based on data.
- [04:00] Element #4: Think about the process.
- [04:05] Google the “Toyota Production System”, which is the method by which they make their cars.
- [04:15] Even Eric and Neil have a process for their podcast. When you systamize things, they become easier to achieve.
- [05:00] That’s it for today!
- [05:02] Eric and Neil recommend the Problem Solvers podcast, because there is a great episode about the Hello Fresh CEO. To listen go to singlegrain.com/solve.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...