In episode #1815, we share five underrated marketing lessons that we wish schools taught better. There is no doubt that you will learn many valuable lessons in a marketing degree but in our opinion, there are a few key concepts that aren’t given the attention they deserve. From the role of failure in success to the power of branding and customer development, we have all the missing pieces of your college degree covered in today’s episode.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: 5 Underrated Marketing Lessons We Wish Schools Taught Better.
- [00:30] The value of learning that failure is the ticket to success.
- [01:19] Lessons should go deeper into what customer development means.
- [02:01] Learning to look at the numbers as a way of guiding decisions.
- [02:40] The power of branding and the value of understanding it.
- [03:32] The power of good copy and the importance of understanding hooks.
- [04:26] That’s it for today!
- [04:27] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn about our virtual and live events.
Get ad-free listening plus exclusive content with Marketing School Pro. Try for free at http://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...