In episode #1288, we share five top ways to keep your content fresh and relevant, thereby protecting your SEO investment. Upgrading or adding a few paragraphs to your content is a simple way to boost the traffic to a post. Tune in to hear how you can leverage your best-performing pages to help those that are decaying.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Five Ways to Combat Content Decay and Protect Your SEO Investment.
- [00:34] An explanation of what content decay entails.
- [01:18] Upgrade or add to your content to keep it fresh and relevant.
- [01:28] Sometimes simply adding a paragraph or two can boost your traffic.
- [01:41] When you might want to consider deleting your decaying content.
- [02:24] Consolidate by creating a power page that links up all your posts.
- [03:13] Use Google Search Console to check which pages dropped the most.
- [03:45] Link poor performing pages to ones that are still going strong.
- [04:05] Utilize the awesome, free content decay feature inside of Clickflow.
- [05:08] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1868, Neil and Eric talk about CRO tips that will help you convert. Whether it’s having a range of payment options or looking at your image quality, there are numerous ways to optimize y...
In episode #1867, Neil and Eric talk about some rules they follow with marketing. From the rule of seven to the 80/20 rule, there is no shortage of top marketing tips for you. Tune in to hear it all!...
In episode #1866, Neil and Eric share seven ways to gamify your social media to gain a following. From contests to giveaways, there are so many creative ways to engage people. You just have to know ho...