In episode #1288, we share five top ways to keep your content fresh and relevant, thereby protecting your SEO investment. Upgrading or adding a few paragraphs to your content is a simple way to boost the traffic to a post. Tune in to hear how you can leverage your best-performing pages to help those that are decaying.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Five Ways to Combat Content Decay and Protect Your SEO Investment.
- [00:34] An explanation of what content decay entails.
- [01:18] Upgrade or add to your content to keep it fresh and relevant.
- [01:28] Sometimes simply adding a paragraph or two can boost your traffic.
- [01:41] When you might want to consider deleting your decaying content.
- [02:24] Consolidate by creating a power page that links up all your posts.
- [03:13] Use Google Search Console to check which pages dropped the most.
- [03:45] Link poor performing pages to ones that are still going strong.
- [04:05] Utilize the awesome, free content decay feature inside of Clickflow.
- [05:08] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2143, Neil and Eric unpack how big tech companies are laying people off right now and whether it’s a sign of things to come. Tuning in you’ll learn about the companies that are current...
In episode #2142, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire content creators (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) Influencer prices have gone up by staggering amounts and you may not be able to afford the on...
In episode #2141, Neil and Eric talk about their weird habits that triple productivity. Learn why Neil doesn’t go to bed without having read all his emails, even if he’s traveling, and why he does...