In episode #628, Eric and Neil have a 6-ish minute chat about planning for the long-term. Tune in to hear why you should always focus on long-term goals and solutions.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 6 Minutes For the Next 60 Years of Your Entrepreneurial Journey
- [00:36] When you think about starting a business, most people think about “what problem should I solve?”
- [00:54] But you should also ask “will this problem that I’m solving still be relevant in the ensuing years?”
- [01:08] You don’t want to have to create a new business every few years.
- [01:30] Eric thinks Singlegrain will still be around in 20 years, but that it will have to evolve.
- [02:10] Five years into his business, Eric believes he still has a long way to go.
- [02:36] If you come up with a short-sighted solution, then you will have to start a new business every few years. It is easier to grow a business than it is to start one.
- [03:00] Elon Musk has a long-term plan to work towards getting people on Mars.
- [04:07] Often times, the most difficult problems to solve are also the most boring, but the boring stuff stands the test of time.
- [05:00] Neil believes marketing will always be around as a industry.
- [05:45] Focus on your strengths and then see how you can expand upon that.
- [06:10] Do the boring stuff!
- [06:36] Don’t focus on the short-term solutions or businesses.
- [06:53] That’s all for today!
- [06:58] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...