In episode #628, Eric and Neil have a 6-ish minute chat about planning for the long-term. Tune in to hear why you should always focus on long-term goals and solutions.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 6 Minutes For the Next 60 Years of Your Entrepreneurial Journey
- [00:36] When you think about starting a business, most people think about “what problem should I solve?”
- [00:54] But you should also ask “will this problem that I’m solving still be relevant in the ensuing years?”
- [01:08] You don’t want to have to create a new business every few years.
- [01:30] Eric thinks Singlegrain will still be around in 20 years, but that it will have to evolve.
- [02:10] Five years into his business, Eric believes he still has a long way to go.
- [02:36] If you come up with a short-sighted solution, then you will have to start a new business every few years. It is easier to grow a business than it is to start one.
- [03:00] Elon Musk has a long-term plan to work towards getting people on Mars.
- [04:07] Often times, the most difficult problems to solve are also the most boring, but the boring stuff stands the test of time.
- [05:00] Neil believes marketing will always be around as a industry.
- [05:45] Focus on your strengths and then see how you can expand upon that.
- [06:10] Do the boring stuff!
- [06:36] Don’t focus on the short-term solutions or businesses.
- [06:53] That’s all for today!
- [06:58] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2143, Neil and Eric unpack how big tech companies are laying people off right now and whether it’s a sign of things to come. Tuning in you’ll learn about the companies that are current...
In episode #2142, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire content creators (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) Influencer prices have gone up by staggering amounts and you may not be able to afford the on...
In episode #2141, Neil and Eric talk about their weird habits that triple productivity. Learn why Neil doesn’t go to bed without having read all his emails, even if he’s traveling, and why he does...