In episode #628, Eric and Neil have a 6-ish minute chat about planning for the long-term. Tune in to hear why you should always focus on long-term goals and solutions.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 6 Minutes For the Next 60 Years of Your Entrepreneurial Journey
- [00:36] When you think about starting a business, most people think about “what problem should I solve?”
- [00:54] But you should also ask “will this problem that I’m solving still be relevant in the ensuing years?”
- [01:08] You don’t want to have to create a new business every few years.
- [01:30] Eric thinks Singlegrain will still be around in 20 years, but that it will have to evolve.
- [02:10] Five years into his business, Eric believes he still has a long way to go.
- [02:36] If you come up with a short-sighted solution, then you will have to start a new business every few years. It is easier to grow a business than it is to start one.
- [03:00] Elon Musk has a long-term plan to work towards getting people on Mars.
- [04:07] Often times, the most difficult problems to solve are also the most boring, but the boring stuff stands the test of time.
- [05:00] Neil believes marketing will always be around as a industry.
- [05:45] Focus on your strengths and then see how you can expand upon that.
- [06:10] Do the boring stuff!
- [06:36] Don’t focus on the short-term solutions or businesses.
- [06:53] That’s all for today!
- [06:58] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1538, we are going to talk about if TV ads are still relevant. In today’s day and age, branding, reach, and impressions are vital, and it is so important to try and zag when everybody el...
In episode #1537, we hear about what to do if you if your Facebook ad account gets banned. With new policies, it is easy to get flagged, highlighting the importance of a backup plan. Tune in today to ...
In episode #1536, we cover the often-dreaded cold email. We hear about what makes a good subject line, Neil and Eric’s personal experience sending cold emails and the importance of having a good bod...