In episode #628, Eric and Neil have a 6-ish minute chat about planning for the long-term. Tune in to hear why you should always focus on long-term goals and solutions.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 6 Minutes For the Next 60 Years of Your Entrepreneurial Journey
- [00:36] When you think about starting a business, most people think about “what problem should I solve?”
- [00:54] But you should also ask “will this problem that I’m solving still be relevant in the ensuing years?”
- [01:08] You don’t want to have to create a new business every few years.
- [01:30] Eric thinks Singlegrain will still be around in 20 years, but that it will have to evolve.
- [02:10] Five years into his business, Eric believes he still has a long way to go.
- [02:36] If you come up with a short-sighted solution, then you will have to start a new business every few years. It is easier to grow a business than it is to start one.
- [03:00] Elon Musk has a long-term plan to work towards getting people on Mars.
- [04:07] Often times, the most difficult problems to solve are also the most boring, but the boring stuff stands the test of time.
- [05:00] Neil believes marketing will always be around as a industry.
- [05:45] Focus on your strengths and then see how you can expand upon that.
- [06:10] Do the boring stuff!
- [06:36] Don’t focus on the short-term solutions or businesses.
- [06:53] That’s all for today!
- [06:58] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....