In Episode #6 Eric and Neil talk about personal branding. The image that you put out for yourself can carry a lot of weight—even more weight than your company’s brand or philosophy.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Why is personal branding important? – “You connect more with the individual than you do with the corporate brand.”
- 01:30 – Gary Vaynerchuk
- 1:50 – “You can control what you want to do with your audience.”
- 2:15 – What are some tactics to build personal branding? – Start out with social media and accept more friends and followers.
- 02:55 – Cross-promote on different platforms
- 03:20 – Twitter tools
- 03:30 – Following tools
- 04:10 – The growth of Eric’s business and brand
- 05:00 – How can you show the value of your service to your audience and help your brand grow? – Writing a book
- 06:00 – Blogging
- 06:15 — How to reach out to be a guest poster on a blog
- 07:00 – Creating networks and relationships
- 08:00 – Finding opportunities as a writer
- 08:40 — “You just have to start somewhere.”
- 09:10 – “People will reach out to you.”
- 09:50 – These are long-term goals.
- 10:10 – Associating yourself with famous/popular people in your field
- 11:40 – Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes!
3 Key Points:
- Your personal brand is more valuable than your corporate brand.
- Start building your personal brand by networking and blogging.
- Associate yourself with people who are successful in your field and who will make you known.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...