In Episode #170, Eric and Neil discuss 7 advanced marketing automation tactics for your blog. Marketing automation allows you to know your subscribers better and respond to their behavior. Tune in to learn how advanced marketing automation can be very helpful for your blog and what to do with those unopened emails.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Advanced Marketing Automation Tactics for Your Blog
- 00:36 – Marketing automation is how you market and send messages to people according to their behavior on your site
- 01:05 – First, on your thank you or intro email, add three different links for people to see what kind of people they are (ex. are you a beginner, intermediate, or advanced online marketer?)
- 01:52 – Neil shares what he learns through automation if people are opening your email, your open rate goes up
- 02:21 – If someone isn’t opening for 5 times on a paid email, take the person off the list
- 02:55 – Third, make sure you have a list or campaign that specifically targets your customers
- 03:34 – Map out the life cycle of your customers
- 03:44 – Fourth, when someone joins your email list, try buying them in or signing them up
- 04:25 – Fifth is lead scoring
- 05:33 – Sixth, make your opt-in relevant to your service
- 05:47 – An example with Kissmetrics
- 06:47 – Lastly, if you can survey your audience, do it to create a word cloud using a tool like TagCrowd
- 07:40 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Marketing automation is how you market and send messages to people according to their behavior on your site
- Map out the life cycle of your subscribers.
- Make your opt-in relevant to your service to increase traffic and sales.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2292, we talk about why you should focus on conversions first and then traffic. We believe that your conversion rate is the most vital metric when it comes to digital marketing. While both...
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...