In Episode #352, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 advanced segments you should be setting up in Google Analytics. Tune in to know how evaluating segmented data can improve your customers’ user experience, provide you a picture of your search traffic per geographic region, and see who is actually spending on your website.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Advanced Segments You Ought to Set Up in Google Analytics
- 00:40 – Google analytics show you data
- 00:48 – With advanced segments, you can specify data and ‘slice and dice’ Google reports to look at the data based on the segments
- 01:10 – First, look at the regions where you generate most of your business from
- 01:12 – Create advanced segments around those countries
- 01:16 – Neil targets Brazil and other Spanish speaking countries with some European and US countries
- 01:26 – Neil can track the traffic from those regions
- 01:43 – Second is the people who have viewed 3 or more pages
- 02:00 – Third is the search traffic per country
- 02:09 – You can check how different regions are growing and declining
- 02:18 – By segmenting, you can be more specific about the reasons why there’s decline and growth
- 02:40 – Fourth is the visitors who have generated over $100 in revenue
- 02:57 – Fifth is session duration
- 03:00 – Neil created one that was under 40 seconds
- 03:12 – Another variation is over 40 seconds
- 03:38 – You can then start adjusting your website for a consistent user experience
- 03:56 – Sixth is the visitors whose search query is more than 4 words
- 04:07 – Avinash Kaushik’s advance segments
- 04:28 – Seventh is having goals set up whether you’re an e-commerce site or lead gen site
- 04:37 – Neil set up a segment related to transaction amounts
- 05:10 – After looking at the transactions, Neil will have an idea of what makes people spend more
- 05:33 – You can notice the patterns of people’s behavior on your website
- 05:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- While Google analytics show you data, advance segments will ‘slice and dice’ the specific data you want to evaluate.
- Take advantage of advance segments to create a better user experience on your website.
- Having a better knowledge on your customer’s behaviors can help you adjust for the problems on your website.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....